Sunday, July 4, 2010

Last night was something I'll remember forever!

We live very close to a large fireworks display, within walking distance. We took our older two to the park. They were both so excited. Before the fireworks, they have F-16 fighter jets do a fly-over. It's really, really loud. Our three-year old son was absolutely terrified and wanted to go home. So, my husband walked back home with him, where my parents were watching our 7 month old.

It was just me and Riley.

From the time of the fly-over to the fireworks is about 45 min. He was chatty and excited the whole time. He was a little "on alert" but he was also very tired, and I think part of that is normal for any kid. The mosquitos were bad, so I sat with him in my lap and wrapped a blanket around us.

Once the fireworks started, he was simply adorable. He seemed to really pay attention to what was going on around him, because he soon started to say things like, "Woooooooaaahhh!" and "That's a big one!" At one point it just caught me off guard. I was outside of my body a bit, looking at this child. He was just so there, and so "normal." The best part is that he and I are now sharing things with each other. This is the first time that's happened. When he was younger, I used to have this nagging feeling that something was missing.

Aside from that, he has had a great past few days. He stayed the night at his grandparent's house and did well. He has been having conversations with us, and has really been trying to get the words out.

Nystatin hasn't been a big "wow" but I think that it's gotten rid of the yeast faster and better than anything we've used before. I'm hoping we'll be starting from a clean slate now. He's very calm, calmest I've seen him. That's how I know (aside from poop) that it's doing it's job.

I am one grateful mama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This? Gave me goosebumps. I'm so proud of you, and so proud of Riley. I want to hug you both so tight right now, and cry. I knew you could do it Riley.

Followers