Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Amazing

Riley just amazed me a moment ago. I'm documenting it.

He drew a "baby Jack." I then asked him to draw a mouth. He drew a mouth in the correct spot. I asked him to draw eyes. He drew two circles, right where eyes would be. I called Chad in, with tears in my eyes.

I asked to him make a nose, and he drew three noses. :) He then made ears. And hair.

He also drew a blue circle. I pointed to it and asked "Riley, what is this?" And he said "It's a pool."

He then started drawing "fire trucks." He drew a "yellow fire truck" and said to himself "Good job making a yellow fire truck!" A seven word sentence.

Earlier today, he drew a "car" in our driveway. He drew a rectangle, then two wheels. He said "Riley make a car!" He then drew a "fire truck", a "train", and a "house."

Last week this time, he was scribbling circles and lines. He wasn't labeling them as being anything. And he certainly was not saying seven word sentences.

I'm in awe. If this is because of the diet, I'm in awe.

Editing to add, just a few minutes later: he is coloring inside the lines on pictures!!

3 comments:

tynme said...

Yay for Riley! Yay for specialized diets! Yay for progress!

Tori said...

Wow, good for you! :) We started GFCF (and SF) in October of 2007. We had very similar gains in the beginning -- it *is* the diet, isn't that wacky?!?! :) It makes all the research and shopping and all that so worth it, doesn't it?

I'm over at http://gfcfblog.blogspot.com if you want to stop by. I'm spending more time at my other site lately, http://lend4health.blogspot.com. I'd love it if you did a post about Lend4Health - it's one of those things that can only work if the word gets out!

Thanks and good luck to you for continued success!

Tori
http://gfcfblog.blogspot.com
http://gfcfpoop.blogspot.com
http://lend4health.blogspot.com

hopefaithbelieve said...

Like me, you will take absolutely nothing for granted. Every word Riley says will be appreciated. The phrase "you are what you eat" really comes to light when you look at our kids. The diet works!!! Go Riley!

Followers